ISO/IEC 14496-8 2004 provides a framework for the carriage of ISO/IEC 14496 contents over IP networks and guidelines for designing payload format specifications for the detailed mapping of ISO/IEC 14496 content into several IP-based protocols. More specifically
- Framework for the carriage of ISO/IEC 14496 contents over IP networks;
- Guidelines to design RTP payload formats for ISO/IEC 14496 contents including fragementation and concatenation rules;
- Usage rules of SDP to transport ISO/IEC 14496-1-related information;
- MIME type definitions for ISO/IEC14496 contents; and
- Analysis on RTP Security and Multicasting.