ISO/IEC 15504-3 2004 provides guidance on meeting the minimum set of requirements for performing an assessment contained in ISO/IEC 15504-2. It provides an overview of process assessment and interprets the requirements through the provision of guidance on
- performing an assessment;
- the measurement framework for process capability;
- process reference models and process assessment models;
- selecting and using assessment tools;
- competency of assessors;
- verification of conformity.
ISO/IEC 15504-3 2004 also provides an exemplar documented assessment process that conforms to the requirements of 4.2 in ISO/IEC 15504-2.