The purpose of this publication is to prescribe the CBRN procedures to be followed by Land, Air and Naval forces for the
- Reporting of all chemical, biological or radiological attacks and nuclear detonations and resulting contamination.
- Predicting and warning of hazard areas from CBRN incidents.
- Contributing to the evaluation of CBRN information in order to complete the common operational picture for the commander.
- Warning of friendly nuclear strikes and the interception of an adversary incoming missile.
- Transmitting of advanced hazard warning of a potential CBRN agent or Toxic Industrial Materials (TIM) release.
- Interchange of reports, quoted above, as required.