This document describes the application of the STANAG 4778 Metadata Binding Mechanism to specific data formats and protocolsby defining a suite of Binding Profiles. These distinct binding profiles are specified for the following protocols and data formats
- SMTP/MIME internet emailmessaging;
- Common XML Artefacts(e.g. XML Schemas, Stylesheets)
- Collaboration (Text-based instant messaging);
- Document management (including Office Tools);
- Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP)
- Web Service Messaging Profile (WSMP); and
- Arbitrary Files.
In additional a Cryptographic Artefact Binding Profile is defined to support strong binding of metadata to data objects.
These profiles represent the first suite of Binding Profiles and will be extended through further editions of this document.