This specification of the REST API for Change management includes the model definition as well as all available operations. Change Management process is to respond to the customer’s changing business requirements while maximizing value and reducing incidents, disruption and network. The Change Management API provides the standard integration capabilities between external applications and Change Management Application. The API consists of a simple set of operations that interact with Change Request in a consistent manner. A Change Request is an IT service management discipline. The objective of change management in this context is to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to control IT infrastructure and Network, in order to minimize the number and impact of any related incidents upon service.
Change Request API performs the following operations on Change Request
- Retrieval of a change request or a collection of change requests depending on filter criteria
- Partial update of a change request (including approve/reject, complete, abort and worklog exchange etc.)
- Creation of a change request (including default values and creation rules)
- Deletion of change request (for administration purposes e.g., backup and archive)
- Notification of events on change request